Five Element Acupuncture
According to Chinese Philosophy all things in the universe manifest as the five elements known as;
Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water
In humans these forces manifest in five different ways. Five different emotions, Five pairs of organs , Five sounds , Five colours.
In nature the elements correspond with the seasons:
- Wood corresponds with Spring and offers hope and possibility
- Fire corresponds with Summer and offers warmth and joy
- Earth corresponds with Late Summer gives contentment and stability
- Metal corresponds with Autumn and offers stillness and serenity
- Water corresponds with Winter and brings willpower and adaptability
The aim of Five Element Acupuncture is not only to isolate the cause of the complaint and provide support for that imbalance but for each individual to find a greater sense of self.